Hi everyone! I am looking forward to our concert tomorrow night! Here are some final reminders, parking recommendations and a word about audience etiquette:
- 8th Grade Rehearsal TONIGHT December 14, 2015 at 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Avon Lake High School PAC (8th Grade Mixed Choir will be dismissed at 7:30 p.m. Concert Choir will stay until 8:00 p.m.)
- Learwood Winter Choral Concert December 15, 2015 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Avon Lake High School PAC Students report at 6:45 p.m.
- In-Class Holiday Party December 18, 2015 during students choir periods. Both Ladies and Gentlemen will have choir that day. Please bring in food or drink to share. Please avoid allergens such as nuts etc.
At the concert, students report to these rooms:
- 7th Grade Girls: HS Choir Room
- 7th Grade Boys: HS Band Room
- 8th Grade Concert Choir: HS Orchestra Room
- 8th Grade Mixed Choir Altos and Tenors: Room 113
- 8th Grade Mixed Choir Sopranos and Basses: Room 114
Dress Code: Found in Handbook
• White dress shirt with collar
• Dark dress pants
• Dark dress socks
• Dark dress shoes
• Dark tie
• White blouse
• No spaghetti straps
• No cleavage
• Dark pants. (NO SKIRTS)
• Dark dress shoes
No Excess Perfume or Cologne, Please wear Deodorant!!!
Please refer to the handbook for what is considered an excused and unexcused absence. If there is an absence from a concert/after school rehearsal, I need to hear from a either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or office phone 440-933-8142 x2103 as soon as you can to notify me. Rehearsals are worth the equivalence to two weeks of classroom participation points and the concert is worth approximately 40% of student’s grades.
There are home Freshmen, JV, and Varsity Home Men’s Basketball Games Tuesday Night along with the concert. Please avoid the South parking lot as it will be full from basketball players. Use the north lot. Doors will open for parents at 6:45 p.m. to select their seats. We ask for students and parents to stay for the duration of the concert. After the 8th grade sings Carol of the Bells, we will release ALL students to the PAC where parents will meet their students. If you need to leave after your student’s performance, please give a note to their supervising room monitor.
Audience, Please remember the following:
- Please refrain from using your cell phones, please keep phones on silent or turned off. Be sure to turn off any alarms you may have set on your phone.
- If you need to leave the auditorium, please try to do so in between pieces or when choirs are moving.
- Please applaud once the piece of music is over. Please refrain from clapping for each soloist singing. We will all applaud once the piece is over.
- No flash photography. You are welcome to take pictures as long as the flash is turned off.
For parents who ordered holiday poinsettias and wreathes you may pick up your order after the concert ends on Tuesday or wait to pick up your order at the HS Winter Choir Concert (This Thursday)
Also, Divine Scoops is staying open later for students/parents to attend after the concert, so get some ice cream! We have the great weather for it!
Hope you all enjoy the concert and I will see a lot of you tomorrow night!