Hi everyone! I hope that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Break. I was able to travel back to see my family in Pittsburgh, PA. I am back, energized and ready to enter our concert season! There are many important dates to keep track of this month. The dates are all in the handbook and are on the right hand side of the newsletter. I will highlight them here as well.
Holiday Decorating Party (Students stay after school to decorate Mr. Pontoli’s room): TODAY Monday, November 30th: 3:00-4:30 p.m. Learwood MS Choir Room *Not Mandatory*
- 7th Grade Women’s Choir Rehearsal December 7, 2015 at 3:15 pm – 4:15 pm Learwood Middle School Auditorium
- 7th Grade Men’s Choir Rehearsal December 8, 2015 at 3:15 pm – 4:15 pm Learwood Middle School Auditorium
- 8th Grade Rehearsal December 14, 2015 at 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Avon Lake High School PAC (8th Grade Mixed Choir will be dismissed at 7:30 p.m. Concert Choir will stay until 8:00 p.m.)
- Learwood Winter Choral Concert December 15, 2015 at 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm Avon Lake High School PAC Students report at 6:45 p.m.
- In-Class Holiday Party December 18, 2015 during students choir periods. Both Ladies and Gentlemen will have choir that day. Please bring in food or drink to share. Please avoid allergens such as nuts etc.
At the concert, students report to these rooms:
- 7th Grade Girls: HS Choir Room
- 7th Grade Boys: HS Band Room
- 8th Grade Concert Choir: HS Orchestra Room
- 8th Grade Mixed Choir Altos and Tenors: Room 113
- 8th Grade Mixed Choir Sopranos and Basses: Room 114
Dress Code: Found in Handbook
• White dress shirt with collar
• Dark dress pants
• Dark dress socks
• Dark dress shoes
• Dark tie
• White blouse
• No spaghetti straps
• No cleavage
• Dark pants. (NO SKIRTS)
• Dark dress shoes
No Excess Perfume or Cologne, Please Wear Deodorant!!!
Please refer to the handbook for what is considered an excused and unexcused absence. If there is an absence from a concert/after school rehearsal, I need to hear from a either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or office phone 440-933-8142 x2103 as soon as you can to notify me. Rehearsals are worth the equivalence to two weeks of classroom participation points and the concert is worth approximately 40% of student’s grades.
We are also running a fundraiser selling poinsettias and wreathes that you will hear about in my next post!